About Us - Norrieston

The Church & Village
 
Norrieston is a quoad sacra parish formed in 1878 and lies within the civil parish of Kincardine in Menteith.  Norrieston parish (approx. 70 sq. miles) consists mainly of the village of Thornhill (pop. approx. 500) and outlying farming areas. Thornhill is one of the earliest planned villages in Scotland, having been established in 1696.
 
Church
The present church was built in 1879 and replaced a former building dating from around 1650. Extensive repairs have been carried out on the fabric in 1995 and 2013 and so a relatively maintenance-free period of years is anticipated.
 
Church Hall
The hall was originally Norrieston Free Church, built in 1844.  It was extensively renovated in 1969 and is in very good condition.